Stand-Up Comedian in Pottstown

Thursday, October 23, 2008

An Open Letter To Microsoft: GET THESE BALLS

Alright so, I didn't want to have to write this article, let alone find myself in these circumstances.  As I've said before, Microsoft's customer service, sucks Donkey Kong nuts.  Last Friday, for the sixth time, I called the company's Xbox customer support and learned that once again, Microsoft had cancelled the order to send me the necessary packaging so I could send them the broken Xbox they gave me last year.  Not only had they cancelled the order, but the woman on the line actually tried to get my credit card number.  Here's how that convo went:

Xbox Customer Service Dummy: "Sir I need a credit card number for the repairs we will be doing to your console."

Me: "I'm not giving you my credit card number . Your company told me one month ago that, because it's an RRoD issue, Microsoft is issuing me an extended three year warranty on my system.  So I'm not paying for anything, so you don't need my credit card information."

Xbox Customer Support Dummy: "Oh, ah yes sir I'm sorry about that.  Yes you're not required to pay anything for this service."

Me (on this inside): "No shit."


So I told them to just send me an email with the order, and I would find some place to print it out, and then I would ship the console from a UPS store.  They told me I would get the email in 24 hours.

Two days later, when I still had not received an email, I called the support line again, and was told that, again, the company had mysteriously cancelled the order.  They asked me if I could wait on hold, and I said yes, and then sixteen minutes later, while I was still on hold, I was hung up on.

So I said fuck it......I'm trading all my shit in for a PS3.  So I did.  And you know what?  


I AM HAPPY NOW. HEHE.


Search This Blog