Stand-Up Comedian in Pottstown

Monday, October 27, 2008

Uncharted: Drake's Fortune (PS3)

Somewhere in my brain there exists the memory of  my first glimpse of Drake's Fortune. It was in a then fresh copy of Game Informer, and although that issue now lurks somewhere in between the back of my toilet and the bathroom wall (an area I have designated as the "library of  the ancients"), my recent venture into the world of the Sony PS3 pushed this long forgotten memory to the front of my mind.  Two shitty Wii titles, my old Xbox360 network adapter, and Professor Layton were quickly retrieved from my bedroom (an area I have designated as " a squalid shithole") and I rushed to the local Game Stop (an area I have designated as "that place I burn all my money") to trade the items for store credit.  At last Drake's Fortune was mine!

My initial hopes and dreams for this game had always been something like " if LOST and Morrowind fucked and had a baby" which is retarded and makes zero sense, but this is how I thought way back in 2006.  The reality is that this game is something like "if LOST and Tomb Raider fucked and had a baby".  This is an equally fucking retarded analogy, but more true to the game play involved.

The whole experience of this game cannot be contrived by reading any review, let alone my bad attempts at a humorous one.  It absolutely must be played to be appreciated, the full effect of which is difficult to express.   There were cut scenes that had me laughing out loud they way I would in a movie, but that comparison doesn't really fit.  The style of art and the interface work together so well you will know what it truly means to play a "next gen" game.  This is a game that should be setting the mark for every other game out there.  An absolute masterpiece.





Search This Blog