Stand-Up Comedian in Pottstown

Wednesday, March 4, 2009

This is a nightmare.


I shouldn't have sold my Xbox 360.  Not because there's anything wrong with my PS3.  No my PS3 is infinitely more powerful and reliable than any 360 on the planet.  

The problem is that, since I've switched systems , I've sat on the bank of another shore for awhile. Now, I want you fine readers to know that I, The ADHDgamer, never waited on that shore waiting for all the Xbox 360 users to convert to PS3.  I just wanted a system that didn't fail every four months, that's all.  When I traded in all my Xbox 360 stuff in exchange for a shiny new Playstation 3, I did so KNOWING that the victors of the seventh generation of console gameing had already been declared, and PS3 was dead last.

I knew all this, faithful readers.  All I wanted was consistency!  I purchased my original Xbox 360 in April of 2006. If you had told me back then, that, Call of Duty 4 would outlast Halo 3 in sales, I would have laughed.  But COD4 fucking dominated Halo 3 after only a few weeks of Halo being at number one.  And as it turned out COD4 was only the beginning!

If you listen closely, you'll hear a faint murmur radiating from the Xbox live Community.  It's people bitching about a game called Mass Effect.  Mass Effect (Microsoft Studios) was a first person sci-fi shooter for the 360 that hit the stores in the fall of 2007.  

The game got ridiculously great reviews, and STILL motherfuckers are bitching.  Why are they bitching if the game is so great?  

Because Microsoft Studios was supposed to release a shitload of DLC for Mass Effect.  This game was supposed to be the flagship title for DLC content and therefore, higher game replay ability.  Microsoft Studios released a couple hours worth of DLC for Mass Effect last spring but that's it.


Why did they stop?

And what does this have to do with my Sony rant?

Well if you haven't figured it out already here's your fucking cookie.  Microsoft realized that change was a comin' to video game land!  They cut corners on production costs to flood the market with millions of little boxes that could communicate and allow users to play with each other all over the country!  There are still major hardware issues with the Xbox 360 but it won't ever matter.  The revenue from week ONE of Halo 3 sales in 2007 was enough to cover all company repair costs to all those RRODed consoles.   Basically everything they're making from this point forward is all bank.  


My problem with Sony is this fucking email they just sent me.

Dear Jeremy, Now you can view your PlayStation® trophies on your "My Profile" page. If you have what it takes to win a trophy or two, now they will be automatically displayed for you. Of course, you have to earn them first. So what are you waiting for? Get to gaming. Sincerely, PlayStation®Network



Jesus Christ.   "Hey Sony?  I don't give two shits about this garbage.  I wasn't even aware that I had a fucking profile page.  You do realise trophies don't matter right?  They're just like achievements for the Xbox 360.  Actually Xbox has had it's achievements vi sable for like two ye......"

WHAT THE FUCK IS WRONG WITH YOU GUYS?  DID THE WHOLE COMPANY COLLECTIVELY GET ADD OR SOME SHIT!  AAAAAHH!!



I promise I won't ever use that much upper case text again.

 

Search This Blog